Re: X10 signals

Check out this http://www.user.dccnet.com/middleton/home%20automation%
20secret.htm - solved one of my problems.

www.cas-ha.co.uk

Jon

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "John Nye" <john@w...> wrote:
> Thanks for the pointers Mike.
>=20
> I was a bit spoilt in my last house as everything I did with x10=20
just seemed to work!
>=20
> Had an interesting day yesterday pluging & unpluging all sorts
of=20
kit, whilst feeding in x10 at various places on the wiring circuit to=20
see what the effect was. So far I seem to have a noisy washer/dryer,=20
Sony TV and also the wallwarts for the fuji's -:(     But the effect=20
varies depending on where I feed in x10 (via a TM12 transceiver).
>=20
> Oh well off to have another go & try & make some sense of it
all!
>=20
> John
>   ----- Original Message -----=20
X10
>=20
>=20
>=20
>   I have run a dedicated ring for X10 where it is needed
>=20
>   I have a few touchlinc controllers and alarm clocks (forget there=20
name)
>   controlling HomeVision this only works successfully with all the=20
mains
>   connections on the same ring.
>=20
>=20
>=20
>   It isn=A1=C7t an exact science BUT I can guarantee that just
rewiring=20
the
>   consumer units will not fix all the problems
>=20
>=20
>=20
>   Mike
>=20
>     _____=20=20
>=20
I=20
thought I
>   knew why - but now not so sure!!=20
>=20
>   1.Original part of the house is on one consumer unit and if I=20
plug my CM12U
>   in there I can get a signal around all sockets on this unit.=20
Newer part of
>   house is on another consumer unit and no way can I see any x10=20
signals.
>   Therefore thought a single consumer unit might be the answer.
>=20
>   2. If I do it the other way (CM12U off new consumer unit) its a=20
little
>   strange in that I cannot see any x10 on the old consumer unit=20
(which I would
>   expect) but also many sockets on the new unit cannot see x10! So=20
I am
>   confused!!
>=20
>   Am reluctant to go down the (expensive) replacement route unless=20
I am fairly
>   sure it is going to work as both units are fairly modern RCD=20
units.
>=20
>   At the moment I have an extention lead from the old bit of the=20
house into my
>   office (new bit of house) where I have the CM12U plugged in so=20
that atleast
>   I can control what is going on in the old bit of the house (where=20
I need
>   most control) - does that make sense? Well it certainly doesn't=20
to SWMBO who
>   is not too keen on the lead wandering down the corridor - I keep=20
telling her
>   its only temporary!!!
>=20
>=20
>=20
>   Any clues anyone??
>=20
>   John
>=20
>   [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>   Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20=20=20
<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=3D259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=3Degroupweb/S=3D1=
7
050419
>   92:HM/A=3D1524963/R=3D0/SIG=3D12o885gmo/*http:/hits.411web.com/cgi-
bin/autoredir?c
>   amp=3D556&lineid=3D3614674=A2=E7=3Degroupweb&pos=3DHM>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>   <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
M=3D259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=3Degroupmai
>   l/S=3D:HM/A=3D1524963/rand=3D181123746>=20
>=20
>=20
>   UKHA 2004: 15th and 16th May 2004
>=20
>   http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
>   Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
>   Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx=20
>=20
>   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
>   <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
 Terms of Service.=20