Re: Condensing boilers & microbore pipe

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Condensing boilers & microbore pipe
  • From: "Jim Noble" <mlist@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 15:12:39 -0000 (GMT)

> I would personally stay well clear of condensing boilers.
> Personally I am still a big fan of traditional lightweight cast iron
> boilers.
> They are simple, they rarely go wrong and they dont cost much more to
run
> than
> a combi / condensing boiler. Plus if you use a BEMS with an external
frost
> stat, they are probably more efficient.

A while back I heard about a new sort of boiler developed in Scandinavia
somewhere. It was described as a "Catalytic" boiler, and
presumably worked
by combusting the gas in a catalytic converter to produce heat. It was
said to be very efficient, and could maintain that efficiency over a wide
range of output  power levels. Sounds ideal, but I've not heard of
anything like it being available over here...

Jim