Re: Cat 5e Patch Bay / Small Equipment Racks {Scanned for Viruses}

How Cheap is cheap ? ;-)

My Dad has a 12 port bay from B&Q mounted in his loft. He used a
plastic box
(the sort you use for kids toys) mounted on a wall. A piece of chipboard is
mounted in the box base (now vertical against the wall). Panel, Phone
Socket, ISDN NTE, 8-Port switch etc mounted on the Board. A few holes for
cable entry at the bottom and the Lid clips on.

Hardly the most elegant - but it is functional and I've never seen a
cheaper
"wiring closet" !.

I personally have Maplin 19" Rail mounted in a B&Q Value Kitchen
Cupboard
base unit with some "proper" 19" 24 Port panels. Extremely
functional and
far less than any 19" rack i've seen - mind you it is only in the loft
and
the wife still cant work out why we have a kitchen cupboard up there.....

Deano