Re: Re: [OT] MAC files {Scanned for Viruses}

There's a great suite of tools called ImageMagick, it's intended for
Linux but there is a windows port available.. [www.imagemagick.org]

It can convert to/from almost any format and encoding and it doesn't
rely on file extensions. It also comes with a program called 'identify'
which analyses any image file and tells you what it is (Format,
Resolution, Bit Depth etc...)

Might be worth a try :)

--
Ross McKillop
On 28 Nov 2003, at 14:18, Justin wrote:

> Without a file extension Photoshop won't open it even if it is, say, a
> JPEG.
> If you don't know what it is supposed to be or what it was created in
> you will
> have to guess and keep trying different suffixes e.g. .tif .eps .psd
> or it
> could be an illustrator or freehand file.
>
> If you're still stuck, mail me the file.
>
> Justin.
>
> Quoting mmcaree <michaelj@xxxxxxx>:
>
>> I tried to open it using Photoshop but it won't work. Any other
>> software likely to be able to open it. It is work from a graphic
>> artist who has since moved to SA and left the CD behind!

>> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Ross McKillop <home@i...> wrote:
>>> The logo graphic should open fine, the other two are just data
>> files
>>> created by a Mac..
>>>

>>> --
>>> Ross McKillop