RE: Slightly OT [Was: NAS box options] {Scanned for Viru ses}

Netapp are the ones to go for.  I hope you've got deep pockets !  (linux
based)

-----Original Message-----
From: Ross McKillop [mailto:home@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 28 November 2003 11:26
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Slightly OT [Was: NAS box options] {Scanned for Viruses}

On the topic of NAS boxes, I've been trying to decide on some for work
(not home, dont have the need for 800odd Gb of storage here yet!) but I
cant find any UNIX/Linux based solutions commercially.

Even Iomega and HP who both used to make good Unix-baed ones now only
provide versions powered by Microsoft Storage Server 2003.

The server environment at work is 100% Microsoft-Free and we intend to
keep it that way, licensing implications not to mention my and several
other's opinions of MS Server software...

Anyone got any suggestions on a current Linux/Unix-powered NAS device,
or know where I might be able to obtain one of the older Iomega or HP
ones ?

Thanks,
Ross

dangerous content and is believed to be clean