Video over Cat5 (Best Option with IR Return?) {Scanned for Viruses}

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Video over Cat5 (Best Option with IR Return?) {Scanned for Viruses}
  • From: Ross McKillop <home@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 18:12:30 +0000

Hi,

I'm relatively new to this list, but hope to become a (useful?)
contributer through time..

We've just started the Cat 5 cabling of our small-ish flat and have one
question, what would you say is the best (quality AND affordability)
way of delivering video over Cat 5 with an IR return for Remote Control
signals

Initially there is only one source, a Sky Digibox, distributed to one
room, the bedroom - would be looking to also feed it to the Kitchen at
some point.

I've heard and read a lot about the kat5 modules [www.kat5.tv] and
wondered if there were any other options, and what the quality is
like... Previously we had used standard RF distribution with the little
eyes (cant remember who made them) but the quality is far from
brilliant (indeed, sky over RF where we are is far from brilliant
anyway - it's rather hard (even with the wonderful tool at kat5.tv) to
find a free channel that doesnt suffer from interference from
SOMETHING!

- Ross

dangerous content and is believed to be clean