RE: Webpads - Any ideas?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Webpads - Any ideas?
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)" <haweste@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 08:35:18 -0000

Adam,

Tossing another tablet PC into the ring . . . the Sonic Blue ProGear,
available from:
http://www.progear-repair.com/

It's like a Fuji PT510, but with a higher screen resolution, built-in
802.11b wireless (Lucent chipset), USB, bigger HDD (~5 gig vs ~2 gig) and a
prettier case :-)

Wireless range isn't quite as good as my Fuji with a Lucent Gold card, but
the difference I found was literally only 3-4m less.

The ProGear I bought was a slightly different deal compared to what's being
advertised, so mine came with Win98. I can't fault the Vendor - I was
having some trouble making payment via back transfer (my problems not his)
and he was very patient :-)) Goods were well packed and arrived promptly, I
did get stung with VAT on import though :-((

Last I heard from him he only had a few units left so you'd have to hurry.
But, IIRC, someone on the list (Ian Oliver ?) was offering his up for sale.

HTH,

Tim H.
(no connection to the ProGear vendor, other than a satisfied customer)

+