Re: Help! HDMi leads...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Help! HDMi leads...
  • From: "attic_overlord" <steve@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 23:24:51 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Gerard McGovern" <stuff@i...>
wrote:
> > I hope you can help. I'm trying to find a supplier of HDMi
> > leads for connection of Plasma to DVD machines.
> > I've tried as many avenues as I can, and used the search
> > engines 'til I've got keyboard cramp and square eyes.
> > Any ideas for a supplier in the UK?
>
> http://www.ivojo.co.uk/pioneer-pdp-504hde.htm
>
> At the bottom.

Thanks for the input, but (as the saying goes) no cigar.
The leads on the above site are for extending the media-box to the
plasma, not connecting the DVD to the box.
An HDMi connector looks like a slightly wider version of USB, shaped
like a firewire connector, with 19 pins. Molex have announced them,
but no stock. Pioneer would like to help, but "we're not a cable
company."
They are a bunch of useless buggers, having products that are
supposed to be market leaders, and no way to realise that potential!
(strains of "hello from Sony, we are your friend... until you want
something.)
Technology - PAH! gimme a book anyday. At least then I'll be able to
use it. If Pioneer wrote books, there would be a synopsis in english,
to act as a taster, then a note saying "the book is great, written in
a beautifully simple new language. But we are not language
teachers..."

Cheesed off Steve.