Re: appliance modules: why don't they do...

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:26:22 +0000, you wrote:

>http://www.mollyology.com/MyHouseKitchenLights.htm

Thanks for the link.

>The link is just down the page a bit. I did have to get into the loft
space
>to get access to a neutral as well as all the other connections but
this is
>not too hard most of the time for upstairs lights (or a sloping loft in
my
>case).

Not so convenient for downstaits though ;(

>and yes an appliance does behave in the same way if the load is
switched as
>long as it is big enough.

I have not been able to reproduce that. I plugged in a 3kw fan heater
into an appliance module and nothing happened. Surely it can't be
right that if you plug ina  big load it switches on; if that was the
case wouldn't the modules be on permanenlt because the load was always
connected?

Thanks,
Stephen.