Re: Re: OT: Win2003 Routing/VPN Issue

Chris, to communicate between two devices on separate subnets, each device
(and all intermediate devices) need to know the route to the other. For any
device, except your server, on 192.168.2.0 to talk to a device on another
subnet you need to specify the gateway as either an explicit route or via
the default gateway. This includes VPN devices.

You say that the devices on the "2" subnet don't have a default
gateway, so
presumably all communication is restricted to computers on that subnet.

I would expect you to need a default gateway of 192.168.2.2 or a specific
route to the "1" via 192.168.2.2 network on any VPN or non-VPN
computer on
the "2" subnet. You also need routing to be enabled on the
server. Finally,
you need a specific route to be added to the computers in the "1"
subnet to
let them find their way back to the "2" subnet.

Oh, and the subnet masks should separate the two subnets - e.g.
255.255.255.0 to force routing, otherwise the computer will expect to find
the destination on the same segment.

Pete