RE: DECT phones with central phonebook

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: DECT phones with central phonebook
  • From: "Stephen Jones" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 10:47:51 -0000

Hi Paul

I had a look a couple of months ago and settled for the BT 53** range.
It was seen as the replacement for the 40** range but it doesn't have
all the features of the old 40** range! The one main feature it doesn't
have is a shared directory or the ability to transfer directorys.

At the time I looked there was a newer range (54**) which wasn't out
yet. But checking (www.telephones-online.co.uk) it looks to be available
now.

It's listed as having -

"Directory transfer between handsets."
"Up to 200 name and number directory"
"Illuminated display" (another useful feature the older models
should
have IMO)

It seems to be the first BT DECT phone which at last is becoming more
like a mobile phone.

But I still haven't heard of a DECT phone which can share your contact
list from the PC :-(

HTH

SJ