Re: OT: Linux Wifi Card (PCI or USB) cheaper the better

Surely on-list would mean that people looking to use wifi in their home
will benefit from peoples ideas? :)
I got one of ebay (USB) for about £30, it was just a normal cheap and
nasty one, but upon disassembly i found it had an Atmel chip inside, and
it was really easy to get going in Linux.
I have a PCI card, which is also meant to be supported by Linux, got the
drivers.. made the connection ok, but no data will come over it!

http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/Wireless.html

this is the place where I found to be the most useful, and it lists lots
of makes and model to help you with your shopping.

good luck!

^mad^