For Sale: Sony Camera, Might be useful for UKHA people!

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: For Sale: Sony Camera, Might be useful for UKHA people!
  • From: "x_electro_x" <test1234@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 11:44:51 -0000

Ok what I have here is a Sony FCB-IX47AP Colour Block camera, it has=20
most of the features under the sun for performance, a short list of=20
them are:

18x optical zoom
4x digital zoom
Auto Focus
Slow shuttering (for insane performance in low-light levels, eg,=20
streetlighting)

This kind of device would suit the UKHA person who likes wiring=20
things up, its fairly simple to do, the 2 multi-colour cables you see=20
in the photo, one is for power/video/s-video and the other is for RS-
232 serial control.

Power requirements are 6 - 12v DC, what I have done here to the=20
camera I'm using, I used some RJ-45 sockets from an old patch panel,=20
put one socket on the camera end, and another on the computer com=20
port/power/video capture card end, and I can move the camera around=20
using cat-5 patch cables, it seems to be highly effective and there=20
is no video interfearance at all!

My one is set up here for a while:=20
http://electro.ath.cx/electrocam/electrocam2.htm
- please note that=20
the control is not available using the web-page, I'll have to do=20
something about that soon but for the time being, if anyone wants a=20
demonstration, feel free to drop me an instant message:=20
http://electro.ath.cx/contact.htm
and I'll show you the cameras=20
various functions using the video feed.

These cameras do not have the 0Lux shot (Sony NightShot) motor driven=20
function that the model up has, however, I found that all Sony have=20
done is take away the motor and lock the small leaver on the top so=20
you can't disengage the IR cut filter, by simply taking the camera=20
apart and removing a screw put in place to stop people from using the=20
IR sensivity mode, you can now manually click the camera over and see=20
IR light with it, I've tested this with a 36 IR LED cluster ligtht,=20
in a pitch black room, not even using the slow shutter, and the=20
results blew me away, again, as long as it's dark I can show people=20
this in action, get in touch!

Ideally I'd like to sell this camera for =A3200, or nearer offer plus a=20
bit of shipping (under =A310).  This camera is currently brand new,=20
only used once by me to test it before typing this up, Upon request,=20
I can modify the camera to enable the IR switching before posting it=20
on for an extra =A315 for my time.

Thankyou everyone and have a good day!

-David Matthews
dave AT electro.ath.cx