RE: In Car Videos - the back seat?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: In Car Videos - the back seat?
  • From: "Sean" <groups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 20:31:37 -0000

I used an Xbox with a headrest mount screen during a trip to London from
Glasgow, it was the quietest trip we have ever done.
The Xbox only had a software hack at the time (now flashed) but we could
put on a DVD when needed but the ace was Xvid Compressed tweenies DVDs.
I plan to stick a 120gb HD in it and load DVDs over the network, you do
need an AC inverter but these are about 20-30 quid.

I need to get a better screen as the one I am using is one of the
Gamecube ones. I had toyed with a flip down but I think H would get
annoyed with it. The headrest is right in front of him so there is no
need for him to move his neck.

The only down side with the xbox is the lack of a power switch on the
remote but you can do a hack I believe to make it work.

"Big W" had a couple potable DVD players for 200 notes.

Sean

--
"No! For I was talking aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they
choose