Re: Re[2]: Ervan LED's again!!

>From: "Rob Heyes" <mh001b4520@xxxxxxx>
>
> Ian,
> Have you seen OddOne's page? -  http://www.e-f-w.com/community/index.php

I have now!! thanks ;)

> Do the LEDs come with a data sheet?  The web site is a bit light on
> information.

nope, not even a packing note. Just the LEDs in a placcy ziplock bag, in a
jif-bag to protect them.

I drove them with a nice clean 5V supply through a 330 ohm resistor, so I'm
thinking

0.7v dropped across the led, 4.3 through the resistor,  sticking it into
ohm's law gives me 13mA, so I'm not even tickling the LED.

The datasheets I have been able to find for high candela white LEDs seem to
suggest that they are able to take 20mA continuously and be pulsed to as
high as 45mA without impairing service life.

I can see sooooo many uses for these things now: even singly, they are
bright enough for reading lights, finding-the-loo-at-night lights, etc,
etc.

Ervan took their time coming through, but I'm glad I ordered these guys :)

I.