RE: Ceiling speakers connection

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Ceiling speakers connection
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 13:34:12 -0000

I would say to always solder if you can ... crimp tags would be fine though
(contacts only oxidize where exposed to air and if it's exposed to air then
it's not part of the conducting path, right?) and would make future
maintainance easier. If you are going to use crimp connections though then
*REALLY* advise you get a proper crimp tool as your crimps will be far
better and your hand won't hurt at the end of the day.

Phil