RE: Re: Standalone Network MP3 Players

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Standalone Network MP3 Players
  • From: "Pedro de Oliveira" <p.oliveira@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 15:27:48 -0000

Mark M

My collection is just over 48000 tunes.  I use Jrec with tRio (which is a
client side replacement for the original rio software) and this brings
about its own lag.  The rio/Jrec/tRio is slow in the aspect of scrolling
through the tunes but it is, as it has always been, moderatly fast to play
them.  tRio has a Java frontend which can be used in a browser, this is as
slow as browsing through the rio, which suggests to me that most of the
problems with speed (or lack thereof) is not down to the rio but rather
down to the software that it relies on.

Pedro