Re: ADSL Modem recommendation

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Steve Morgan" <smorgo@g...> wrote:
> John,
>
> Take the Belkin back! There have been issues reported
> recently where a firmware upgrade to one of their
> wireless routers randomly hijacked a HTTP request and
> rerouted it to an unsolicited advert page. This continues
> every 8 hours unless you explicitly opt-out.
> Your router may not be susceptible, but to be honest,
> they don't deserve your custom if they're pulling stunts
> like that.

Holy sh!t !!!
Are there any news links or anything about this you are aware of ??
I think I might do a bit of digging on this before I decide to
return it.

> I have a D-Link DSL-604+. The first one I had was duff,
> though it took me three months to find out, but they sent
> an advance replacement and the new one has been spot-on.
> It has a built-in ADSL modem.

I'll have a look at that one too.
I went for Belkin as I've never had probs with their stuff
in the past. I really wanted the one with the built in modem,
but as I say they were out of stock till mid december.
Seems there is a bit of a run on all wireless stuff at present.

Cheers,
John.