Re: Display text on Tivo

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 12:22:36 -0000, "Stuart Whyte"
<lists@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>I seem to remember there was once a xap or xpl application to send
messages
>to Tivo DisplayText module, but cant find it on either of the said
sites.

I use a thing called YAC that runs on my TiVo for that job. I then run
this on my Server:

<http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=24>

Then, whenever I send a xAP message it appears on TiVo :-)

There's a handy utility here, called Send, which sends xAP messages
>from
applications to generate xAP messages without needing direct support:

<http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=4>

I use the former to display new email notifications on TiVo all the
time nowadays, which is just fabulous. Full details on this available
upon request.

However, some friends have recently started abusing that by sending
emails with rude subjects in the hope that they'll embarrass me!! e.g.
"Donkey <elided>, get off your arse and <do something they
want
done>..." Nutters. It was funny the first time though!!!
Mid-episode
of The West Wing, major crisis, and that appears.

All xAP apps available at the links below.

Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/