RE: UK Broadband - new info!

already 39% interest. Any chance of a copy of the leaflet as well please?

In comparison, the real sad thing is I was in Taiwan recently and got
involved with a group from a service provider in Korea who told me about
their activities.

Their outlook was that growth in their ADSL market was already dead and
they are currently working on a 40Mbps solution based on rate limited
100Mbps Ethernet on Fibre to the Home.

The claimed reality of it is such that the backbone infrastructure exists
between the 3 major cities of the republic and they already have a fair
number of subscribers.

The language barrier was a bit of a problem, although their English was
better than my Korean, but they were also describing consumer CPE equipment
offering remote meter reading, elements of HA and CCTV/remote monitoring.
They also sited applications currently in existence such as being able to
submit a shopping list to their local super market which allowed on-line
stock checking. Apparently the can also obtain knowledge of how busy the
super market is at the time of enquiry!

Chin up!

David