RE: Re: automated scent

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: automated scent
  • From: "Nikola Kasic" <nikola@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 12:03:08 -0000

Refills are in a pressurized can, like deodorants, so they cannot be
refilled. However, there seem to be some kind of standard, so you are
not tied to single vendor.
I just ordered 12 cans, because it's cheaper in bulks. I asked them to
put them all of different scent. I got them and cans are produced by
various manufacturers, so there's some standard size.
Basically it works like any deodorant. You slide can into the slot and
metal lever quickly presses the nozzle to release the scent.
They are all declared around 3,000 - 3,100 releases and it's up to you
to program how often you want scent released.
No external controls of any kind. However, there is a button for manual
release, if needed.
I have them programmed to spray every 40 min, 7 days a week, but stop
between 1AM and 7AM.
This digital one is good because it's highly configurable. I found
others having different restrictions.
It also has an LCD display with time, so it serves as digital clock in
the bathroom :-).
Batteries are claimed to last an year, but of course it depends on
frequency of presses. They lasted for me.
Nik