RE: ADSL Modem recommendation

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: ADSL Modem recommendation
  • From: "Steve Morgan" <smorgo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 11:31:36 -0000

John,

Take the Belkin back! There have been issues reported recently where a
firmware upgrade to one of their wireless routers randomly hijacked a HTTP
request and rerouted it to an unsolicited advert page. This continues every
8 hours unless you explicitly opt-out. Your router may not be susceptible,
but to be honest, they don't deserve your custom if they're pulling stunts
like that.

I have a D-Link DSL-604+. The first one I had was duff, though it took me
three months to find out, but they sent an advance replacement and the new
one has been spot-on. It has a built-in ADSL modem.

Steve