Re: Fw: Urgent/Now : Got a Comfort Q !!!

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Fw: Urgent/Now : Got a Comfort Q !!!
  • From: "armagh_elect" <fmcalind@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:57:41 -0000

If using 6 core you can have the tampers connected seperately and
then connect all tampers together in the new alarm panel ( all in
series and a resistor ?)...But you should put the new END OF LINE
RESISTOR inside  the pirs ...in series with the alarm
contacts....Hope that makes sense...

Frank

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Gareth Cook <g@u...> wrote:
> ah ok - they PIRs that were in place had 6 core connected and the
new PIRs
> have 6 connections. So then do I NEED the tampers connected ?
>
> G.
>
>  Gareth Cook
>  SWG EMEA North Account Manager
>  IBM SWG - BTE Office - Lotus Park, Staines, TW18 3AG
>  Office: +44 (0)1784 445166 - Mobile: +44 (0)7980 445166
>  AIM Chat : TheBoyG - MSN Chat : chat@g...
>  email: g@xxxxxxx
>

> ----- Forwarded by Gareth Cook/UK/IBM on 19/11/2003 09:51 -----
>
> Discussion
> Main Topic
>
> "armagh_elect" <fmcalind@b...>
> Today 09:30
>
> .
> Subject:
> .
> Re: Fw: [ukha_d] Urgent/Now : Got a Comfort Q !!!
> .
> Category:
>

> Hi Gareth
>
>          EOL....End Of Line resistors ..which are normally located
> at the pir sensor...If using Tamper detections usually 2 resistors
> one across the alarm contact and one in series with the alarm
> contact and tamper switch (well thats how its done with
genesis)..sO