Re: REcent BT Announcment Re Broadband

> Wonder if it has anything to do with this:

I doubt it.  There are already plenty of satellite services. I've never
heard a good report about them from anyone.  Have a mate on a on-way
system.
He still needs to be connected via hos modem for the upstream so still has
to pay for an "anytime" account and he's still got the 2 hour
cuts offs.  He
also uses up his monthly bandwidth limit in a couple of days. Paul Gale had
the hideously expensive BT 2-way system and I know he had lots of problems
with that too.

I think radio will be a much better option in the long term.

M.