Re: usb camera

>from
cable, without a repeater.. longer cables need to be made of chains with
repeaters..
If i remember rightly, maplin do a 5m cable with a built in repeater for
about £20, so you'll need two of these... maybe the CCTV would be cheaper
after all?

Dont hold me to this, but i am pretty sure the length contraint is right

ALi

Young, Jeff said:
> Hi
>
> I am planning to rig up a couple of simple web cams in my children's
> playroom.  The original idea is to run in some cat-5 cable and solder
the
> required USB connection sockets to give me a super log ( 10m ) usb
> extension
> lead.  Camera in one end, PC at the other.
>
> Does anyone know where I can find the required usb sockets/plugs ?
Maplin
> only seem to sell adapters and really over prices extensions (
5m=£19.99 !
> )
>
> The other idea is to run coax+power and run a standard cctv camera but
> this
> will cost more.
>
> Jeff

> The information contained herein is confidential and is intended
solely
> for the
> addressee. Access by any other party is unauthorised without the
express
> written permission of the sender. If you are not the intended
recipient,
> please
> contact the sender either via the company switchboard on +44 (0)20
7623
> 8000, or
> via e-mail return. If you have received this e-mail in error or wish
> read our
> e-mail disclaimer statement and monitoring policy, please refer to
> http://www.drkw.com/disc/email/
or contact the sender.