Re: Led + Video Probes

Frank

Thanks for the update.  It does look interesting but I guess I, as
others, would be nervous messing with the powerline!  I guess the
components are pretty simple but it would really have to put together
in a properly insulated / earthed unit.

I'll certainly watch your progress as I was quite interested in the
rest of the probe project too.

All the best

Richard

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Frank Mc Alinden" <fmcalind@b...>
wrote:
> Hi Richard
>
>  >not sure if I missed the end of it but is
>  >the LED a development on that?
>
> Thats correct.........
>

> >Are you connecting the LED (plus bits)
> >across the 220V output and then detecting it being >on/off?
>
> Correct
>

> >Could be tempted but I'd have to get my electrician back >to
install
> >it - don't really fancy playing at the 220V end of the
>spectrum!
>

>  I have been advised not to design anything that connects to 240v
as to do so would require that i should have the device tested for
safety and it would not be financially viable.......So your
Electrician would have to put the sensing led /resistor/ diode
together as well as connecting it to the load side of the ld11....