[OT] Domain hosting

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [OT] Domain hosting
  • From: "Scott Ling" <s_ling@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 00:27:45 +0000

Well, it had to happen sooner or later - one of our IT bods has finally
'discovered' that I receive significantly more incoming email than anyone
else in the department. Trying to plug the virtues of the UKHA list didn't
really seem to cut it (manager types !!!), so I guess it's time to finally
make use of my domain which has just been parked with UK2 forwarding email
for the last year or so.
I currently have a mercury mail server and simple dns at the end of a
blue-yawn-der cable link, so I *think* what I'm looking for is a (cheap)
hosting service to host my DNS records and possibly MX record, to allow me
to receive and store mail at home (which I will then read via web interface
from work :-) )  Is this thinking correct ?
Any info welcome.

TIA

Scott.