RE: automated baths

Stephen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was searching the archives and found a thread about automating
> baths, but I don't think there was a definitive answer.
>
> Is there an automated filler, that switches off when the bath is full
> or is it all timer controlled?
>
> Can you automate the plug so that the bath only fills with the plug
> hole closed? I realise you could use a solenoid valve, but the ones I
> have seen are for 15mm copper pipe, not for 40mm waste pipe.
>
> Thanks.

This may not be quite what you are after because it is a fully packaged
solution and therefore priced accordingly, but speak with EcoLogic UK. They
did the self-filling bath/basin control/solenoids that was installed in the
Orange house of the future in Hatfield. It will do everything you need re
timed fill, adjustable temperature control etc, and can be automated via
pulsed inputs as well.

www.ecologicuk.com

Neil B.