RE: appliance modules: why don't they do...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: appliance modules: why don't they do...
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 10:07:58 -0000

> A few thoughts I missed out. For manual override of my curtains I
> could use a RF switch to send a signal to the cm12 to tell it to
> open/close the curtains and keep the system aware of their status.
> However there is only one UK RF switch I know of with four switches
> per plate, and I only really need one switch per window!

RF would be a rather cumbersome solution. However, why not have a single
switch and all (or at least several) curtains on the same code. That way
you press the switch and they all react. Obviously there may be some
rooms like bedrooms where you my want separate control ;-)

> Another thought I had was to use a powerflash module to trigger the
> above macro. What do you think of that idea?

Likely to cause and unacceptable delay as x10 takes about a second to
react in this scenario. If you have HomeVision then you could consider a
switch connected to the HV ports that in turn triggers the macro. In the
absence of HV, the same can be achieved with VOIM and Homeseer, Paul
Gordon is the expert in that area.

> Finally, the tm13 responds to all codes when set to house code P. I
> have a tm12 which I haven't used yet! When set to P what does that do:
> all codes or P-only?

Pass