Re: [SOT] Noisy servers

> What case have you gor for 16 hard discs? I have that problem at the
moment
> in that I need to get 16 data drives plus a boot drive and DVD ROM
drive
in
> one server.

Dont even go there.... No cdrom, no floppy just a stripped down Alu MIDI
ATX
with 3.5" trays not good at all in the case of hd failure.

> Yup ... my two fileservers plus network switch make a hell of a noise
> currently they live in what is supposed to be our smallest bedroom but
> they're starting to annoy me.

Eye serious switches make NOISE too :( I've taken my switch offline and am
just using a standard one.

> Current plan is that I'll rebuild the server(s) so that I have just
one
main
> fileserver which is litterally just that rather than having the DVD
server
> and FTP / HomeVision / SliMP3 server - then the server can go down
into
the
> garage!

MMMMMmm garage.... Us poor folk in London don't get garages.... I was
thinking of getting something built in the garden.

Shaf