From: Gordon Christie
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2003 11:00 AM
Subject: [ukha_d] [OT] Laptop Insurance

Hi folks,

You might remember me wittering a while back about getting a laptop from
Apple. I'm having a few problems getting it, but it should eventually be
here sometime next week. I'm trying to figure out what the best way to
insure it is.

The approximate value of the laptop is ?2000, plus I have an iPod ordered
with it which is approx. ?300, and about ?200 of accessories (bag,
wireless keyboard and mouse). I need the entire value insured, for
possible travel abroad (I'd probably limit that to 30/60 days, if the
policy dictated it).

I can't add it to my home/contents insurance, for a variety of complicated
reasons (I don't own the property, it's a second property owned by my
parents, and they had to take insurance from their primary insurer,
which meant that they had to take a policy with no option for extra
possessions). This would have been ideal, as Direct Line have a nice
policy for expensive possessions taken off-premises).

Any ideas? Anyone insured a laptop before?

~Gordon Christie
homeautomation@xxxxxxx