RE: Re: Interfacing ADT alarm

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Interfacing ADT alarm
  • From: "Des Gibbons" <des@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 19:17:53 -0000

Hi Malcolm,

It looks like you need a pair of leads to use the serial port on the accord
xpc, then it is simply a matter of connecting to your PC serial port, and
the info will be available to you.

Check out the installation manual for the accord xpc on the ademco uk
website.

The download software you mention for getting last 250 events etc, is not
connected on the serial port, but rather on the softmodem port (phone).

If it is a monitored alarm you will have difficulty connecting to it unless
you are very friendly with the engineer, and even then you might need to be
friendly in the biblical sense ;)

Cheers, Des.