OT Making DVD Movies

I have borrowed a dvd burner from work for the weekend to back up my server
among other things. While I have got it SWMBO has suggested I copy our
wedding video onto dvd.

Now I have a PC with a tv card in it but can anyone suggest some software I
can use to record the video and convert it to a format I can burn to a dvd
that will play on a dvd player.

As this is going to be a one off I would rather not have to buy any
software
if possible.

Thanks

Mark

P.S. I do have a networked tivo if that will be any easier.