Any landlords using HA?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Any landlords using HA?
  • From: "mark_harrison_uk2" <mph@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:23:13 -0000

Hi all,

I've been asked to submit an article for "Property Investor
News."

It struck me that the application of HA in the lettings market might
be interesting.

As far as I can make out, there are really only three situations
where this is happening:

1: Where tenants are interested in HA, but the landlord isn't. Which
is where things like X-10 plug-in modules, and wireless networks come
into their own, since a tenant can install, then remove, without
making alterations to the property.

2: At the very high-end, where multi-room audio and sophisticated
lighting systems are becoming useful features.

3: In shared-occupancy buildings, where occupancy-detection is used
to light communal areas.

If you are a landlord or a tenant making use of HA, please let me
know, either on- or off-list, particularly if you'd be willing to be
interviewed.

If you are a landlord and using HA as a benefit of your business,
either as a selling point to get in tenants, or to automate some
aspect of property management, then I'm REALLY interested in talking
to you.

Regards,

Mark Harrison