RE: Projector Mounting

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Projector Mounting
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)" <haweste@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 08:52:01 -0000

Marc,

IIRC, one of the projector retailers uses Uni-strut. He notches the top of
the joists, sits the unistrut into it and then drops threaded rod down to
the projector. The channel-nature of unistrut makes it easy to make fine
adjustments to the projector position. Note: you need to ensure your joists
can take the load of the projector whether you notch the joists or not.

For Unistrut, see http::/www.rswww.com part # 221-718

But, FWIW, Nick's noggin suggestion sounds a bit easier :-)

HTH,

Tim H.

+