RE: automated baths

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: automated baths
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)" <haweste@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:06:20 -0000

> From: Phil Harris Sent: 13 November 2003 11:19
>
> > "Automated filler" = solenoid valve downstream of a
thermostatic
> > mixer valve
>
> You would also need to ensure that there were non-return
> valves on the hot
> and cold suplies to the mixer so that when the output was
> closed you don't
> get the possibility of mains pressure cold water backflowing
> into the hot
> water tank...

Good point. I don't know if thermostatic mixers incorporate them anyway
though ? Either way, IIRC, they're not too expensive.

> > 40mm solenoid valves are available, but usually reserved for
> > industrial applications (read: expensive). You may want to
> > consider multiple 15mm solenoid valves on the drain to ensure the
> > bath doesn't take all evening to empty :-)
>
> www.laser.com have 40mm "Toro" valves listed on their site
> IIRC -

I could find the 25mm one here, but not the 40mm.
http://www.laser.com/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=71&category_id=&;

> I was
> going to use them to do an automated bog flush ("dump
valve"?
> ;-) ) but
> wifey won't let me.
>
> Phil

I can't see why not ?  you wouldn't remotely operate it when *she's*
spending a penny would you . . . would you ?
;-)

Cheers,

Tim H.

+