From: Paul Gale [mailto:groups@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 12 November 2003 23:52
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Comfort - Alarms - Zones - Best Ideas.

One tip - make sure you get PIR's that have a sealed sensor - I've had big
troubles with those little thunder flies (Thrips) getting into the PIR
through the tiniest gap, crawling across the sensor and triggering false
alarms on 3-4 occasions!

I have a couple of rooms that have two PIR's wired in series - works but
the
more sensors you have the more likely a false alarm. You could wire two
separately to separate inputs on Comfort and set it to alarm only when both
trigger. Trouble is, you soon eat up inputs and expansion boards / slave
panels etc are not cheap :(  I have 32 inputs in all (Main panel, slave
panel and two LEM expansion modules) and still need more!

Falling objects shouldn't cause an alarm as the object should be the same
temp as the rest of the room (unless it's something hot like a lamp etc). A
Roomba trundling across the floor WILL set off the alarm though as I found
out!

Paul.