Re: Aldi GPS Sat Nav PDA for £350

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Aldi GPS Sat Nav PDA for £350
  • From: "Rob Lamb" <rjl@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 08:21:06 -0000

The whole of the UK is just over 90Mb and sits on a 128Mb MMC card
in my Jornada. You can also download maps for other countries from
the TT website if you're travelling abroad - brilliant when I went
to Paris the other day and had a hire car.

When I get in the car I just type in the address and bingo. If you
make a deviation en-route it will recalculate the route for you.
There are a number of different 'voices' you can use (I
prefer 'Jane') but the real bonus I find are the Point Of Interest
layers that it can use. There are tons to download of the web (speed
cameras, restuarants, hotels etc) and you can make your own. There
are also some add in programs like CheckPOInt and POIWarner that
will actually announce an upcoming POI (for example 'speed camera in
30 seconds').

Rob