Re: Tivo problem... FTP server hangs?

> That's what I was looking for... but one problem, when I try the PS I
get a
> command not found error.
> Do I need to load a copy PS onto the Tivo from somewhere?
> Kill and the tivoftp deamon seem to be there Ok.
ps, along with other useful commands, are an add-on that needs to be
installed. This was
recently discussed over on the tivo list
(http://jade.laser.com/mailman/listinfo/ukha_tivo)

There was a recent message from QrisB with a tar.gz of his tivo-bin
directory (I hope he
doesn't mind me rebroadcasting the URL):
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/qriznamanda/tivo-bin.tar.gz

Although that doesn't include a ps. A quick google shows you can get one
from:
http://www.xse.com/leres/tivo/downloads/

or

http://www.hellspark.com/dm/tivo/tivo-bin/

Alternatively, and this is a really hacky way to do it, since this is
linux, and it maps
processes to files, you can "cd /proc" and then look for a
directory whose cmdline file
matches tivoftpd. The name of the directory then tells you the process
number :-)

HTH
Paul