From: Doogie Brodie [mailto:ukhad@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 12 November 2003 11:21
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Set TIVO from Digiguide!

Ward, David wrote:

> On another note, does anyone know if it's possible to get these things
> running on a Tivo that's not on an always on connection.  I guess the
> provider that Tivo use wouldn't be happy if tivo started accessing
other
> URLs and POP3 mail accounts via it's service?

Nothing to stop you running TivoWeb etc and still using the modem to
dialup for guide data. You'd just have to be infront of your PC to make
use of them, rather than use them remotely from the office etc.

The freephone dialup number the Tivo uses will not connect to any
servers outside Tivo's IP range.

--
Doogie

UKHA 2004: 15th and 16th May 2004