RE: Source switching help please

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Source switching help please
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 08:10:03 -0000

> How do you guys normaly do this.
> I have seen distribution units that would say take all my inputs and
> can then split them to say 8 zones. 1 of which I guess would go to
> my A1 amp and the others used for each room I want. But then which
> single input would I use on my AMP considering It could be coming
> from the CD or Sky for example.

Hi Mark,

Don't know if it helps but this is my current setup and how it's changing

Currently got
4x4 matrix switch in node 0 along with dvd changer/ntl/tivo etc
Then distribute via KAT5 to each TV

Now I've introduced a projector the dvd changer is moving to the same room
as my other dvd player/amp
I'll be passing the signal from the changer back to matrix in node 0 for
redistribution to tv's via KAT

Since my dvd players now connect to my amp via a manual toslink switch (I'd
really like a remote controlled one if anyone knows of one), I can
(hopefully) get the audio output from matrix (ntl/tivo etc) and xbox routed
directly to the amp (or thru an audio switcher) on another input.

What I really need is a better amp with lots of inputs, but that'll have to
wait

If you want to distribute surround sound round the house, it might be
possible to use 2 x kat5 for each location - I seem to remember something
along these lines - Keith?

Regards
Tony