Source switching help please

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Source switching help please
  • From: "Mark Walker" <davros@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 20:02:35 -0000

Hi
In my media room (lounge) I have a Yamaha A1 Amp being fed by.
laser disc
DVD
Sky
Ond Dig
2 CD jukeboxex
Tuner
Record Deck
PC/MP3
I am a bit confused how to distribute Audio/video around the house
and where to keep all the components.
The Amp would have to stay in the lounge together with the DVD and
Laserdisc, everything else in theory could be hidden at Node zero.
But then I need to get all them signals, CD,On Dig, Sky etc back to
my AMP. On top of this if I want to distribute them all round the
house, I also have to split all the signals. Sounds like a wiring
nightmare.
How do you guys normaly do this.
I have seen distribution units that would say take all my inputs and
can then split them to say 8 zones. 1 of which I guess would go to
my A1 amp and the others used for each room I want. But then which
single input would I use on my AMP considering It could be coming
>from
Thanks
Mark