RE: Re: Tivo Daily Mail And Cron Code and Instructions

At 06:05 AM 2003-11-11 +0000, Don McAllister wrote:

> I couldn't ge tcron to work using the supplied crontab file. I had to
source
> a new crontab file (available as dailymail-crontab.zip) and use that.
The
> new crontab seemed to work.

I can't find a file called dailymail-crontab.zip so I started reading
the tivocommunity forums instead.  Apparently there are some enviroment
variables that need to be set inside the crontab file.

The crontab file I was using had these two lines:

SHELL=/bin/sh
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/var/hack/bin:/devbin

So I changed crontab to include the extra variables:

SHELL=/bin/sh
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/var/hack/bin:/devbin
MFS_DEVICE=/dev/hda10
TIVO_ROOT=""

Hey presto!  I just got an email!

Now it seems to work I've reduced the frequency of emails and I'll
see tomorrow morning if it was just a fluke or if it still works.

Nick.