RE: KVMs

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: KVMs
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 15:30:45 -0000

Hi Malcolm

Provided you use quality cables and dont run at very high refresh rates you
shouldnt have any problems.

The reason the manual switch boxes look so bad is the method of
construction. If you take the lid off you will find a huge rotary switch
and
each pin of every socket is INDIVIDUALLY wired to the switch with about 6-8
inches of unscreened wire and they are also usually all the same colour.
This whole mess of wires it then "tidied" by twisting the switch
before
inserting it into the case so that all wires are twisted into a neat bundle
with loads of crosstalk. :-(

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv