Re: Automated power sockets

> A couple more thoughts: exterior Christmas lights
Yes, I have two exterior sockets (or rather, I will have) that will both be
automated. I
was thinking of using those for christmas lights and for making sure I
don't forget an
leave them on for anyone to use!

> Regular garden lights, fountains, etc. Irrigation systems etc
Garden stuff will be served from a slave consumer unit in my garage. I'll
be able to
automate 240V stuff from there using CBus. It's really inside the house I
was thinking
about - largely because it's difficult to retrofit unless you use X10. It's
a little late
for me to be thinking about this, but my floorboards are only screwed down
and I don't
have carpets yet.

That's why I was after ideas and to work out where I might want to install
alternative
wiring while it's still possible.

> Am I a lazy git or what ? ;-)
That's a large part of what automation's about :-)