RE: HomeVision and Comfort users

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: HomeVision and Comfort users
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 08:58:31 -0000

Like the other replies, I do the same - All the security related sensors
connect to Comfort (this is a must for security reasons and the fact that
Comfort supports double end of line resistors as a security measure - to
detect line cut etc). I then have a Comfort serial UCM talking directly to
one of the serial ports on HV Pro - HV then listens to the serial messages
coming from Comfort (everything gets reported - PIR activation, alarm
state, user sign in etc). So then HV knows exactly what is going on.

I also use ACE linked to a second serial port on Comfort - this is then
used for further functionality that HV Pro doesn't provide such as text to
speech (for house announcements such as security state, garage door opening
etc).

I connected Comfort to HV Pro directly as this was the most reliable way to
do it. You could just go via ACE I think, but this is subject to the
reliability of your PC/Server etc.

Paul.