Re: Re: Tivo Daily Mail And Cron Code and Instructions

At 12:57 PM 2003-11-10 +0000, Tony Butler wrote:

>I will be adding to the how-to real soon now.

Look forward to it.

> Got it up and running at the weekend but then cron seemed to fail
yesterday
> morning - till I looked at the crontab which was set to send emails
mon-fri
> only ;)

I've got this far as well.  I thought originally it was because I've put
all the tcl and executable files under /devbin and something objected.

However I've just re-installed under /var/hack and I still have the
same problem!

If I type /var/hack/dailymail.tcl from telnet it works!  I get an email.

cron also appears to be running and creates entries in /var/hack/cron/log
similar to:

cron (11/11-01:10:00-193) CMD (/var/hack/dailymail.tcl  >
/var/hack/cron/out.log
.txt 2> /var/hack/cron/err.log.txt &)

But... this time there is no email and no error message.  :(

/var/hack/cron/out.log is an empty file.

/var/hack/cron/err.log.txt contains the following cryptic message:

WARNING: couldn't scan startup script /tvlib/tcl/tv/tv.ini
WARNING: eval result : can't read "env(TIVO_ROOT)": no such
element in
arrayunab
le to initialize filesystem
while executing
"dbopen"
(file "/var/hack/dailymail.tcl" line 505)

/tvlib/tcl/tv/tv.ini definitely exists!
bash-2.02# ls -al /tvlib/tcl/tv/tv.ini
-rw-r--r--   1 0        0            9102 Sep 25  2001 /tvlib/tcl/tv/tv.ini

Anyone else have this problem or know the solution?

Nick.