Re: Getting Ready for CBUS

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Getting Ready for CBUS
  • From: "armagh_elect" <fmcalind@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 11:36:17 -0000

Hi Paul

Need to be careful if you are using earth leakage circuit
breakers.. Do Clipsal recommend putting 1A Circuit brakers on each
channel ??? Mind you i have lost one of my channels so might be a
good idea to protect them although i prefer to use hrc fuses...

Dean...do the 1A circuit breakers trip ok when a bulb pops ??

Thanks
Frank

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Robinson" <ukcueman@y...>
wrote:
> Don't forget that you don't want lights close to each other on the
same dimmer. Ideally,
> if a dimmer blows, you would like to lose various lights
throughout the house rather than
> lots of lights in one area. For example, if you have 4 CBus
channels in your lounge, you'd
> want them on different dimmers.
>
> Consequently, some of my dimmers will control circuits that are
both upstairs and
> downstairs and are therefore on the same CU circuit. But then, I'm
having all my CBus fed
> from a single CU MCB, with a secondary board to distribute power
to the individual
> dimmers. So each dimmer will have its own MCB from the secondary
board.

> All my lights are wired back to node0 - where the secondary board
is.

> Disclaimer: I am not an electrician

set
of
> > lights
> > > having its own mcb).?
> >
> > You could do it this way....I would have thought a circuitBreaker
> > for upstairs and one for downstairs....I have mine on a 10A
circuit
> > breaker....Dean will be able to clarify this one.......
> >
> > > How wide does the consumer unit need to be for the 8way CBUS
unit
> > (I guess
> > > in mcbs..)?
> >
> > 12 modules........
> >

> > > switches, the CBUS "dimmable" unit says it is for
Low voltage
and

wrote:
> > > Hi all.
> > >
> > > I've been drooling over Franks CBUS installation thinking
"I
Want,
> > I Want".
> > > But as always funds become an issue.... So
> > >
> > > I'm in the process of rewiring the lights in the house and
had
> > > thought..... I can't afford the CBUS stuff yet... but I
should
be
> > able to
> > > cable for it.
> > >
> > > The mains feed for the upstairs lights goes through my Node
0
so,
> > is it
> > > feasible to put a consumer unit in the middle of it all and,
> > instead of
> > > running the mains feed from junction box to junction box,
run
> > separate mains
> > > feeds for each set of lights via individual 6a mcbs (each
set
of
> > lights
> > > having its own mcb).?
> > >
> > > That way when I come to put in the CBUS (or as an interim
put
some