From: armagh_elect [mailto:fmcalind@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 10 November 2003 11:06
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Getting Ready for CBUS

Hi Neil

> feeds for each set of lights via individual 6a mcbs (each set of
lights
> having its own mcb).?

You could do it this way....I would have thought a circuitBreaker
for upstairs and one for downstairs....I have mine on a 10A circuit
breaker....Dean will be able to clarify this one.......

> How wide does the consumer unit need to be for the 8way CBUS unit
(I guess
> in mcbs..)?

12 modules........

> switches, the CBUS "dimmable" unit says it is for Low
voltage and
> incandescent lights.... Do I use that for the mains halogen?

Yes....

> Oh and does anyone know the best place to buy low cost consumer
units?

Paul Gale or Brian ?? can point you in the right direction......

HTH

Frank

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Frost Neil <Neil.Frost@s...> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I've been drooling over Franks CBUS installation thinking "I
Want,
I Want".
> But as always funds become an issue.... So
>
> I'm in the process of rewiring the lights in the house and had a
> thought..... I can't afford the CBUS stuff yet... but I should be
able to
> cable for it.
>
> The mains feed for the upstairs lights goes through my Node 0 so,
is it
> feasible to put a consumer unit in the middle of it all and,
instead of
> running the mains feed from junction box to junction box, run
separate mains
> feeds for each set of lights via individual 6a mcbs (each set of
lights
> having its own mcb).?
>
> That way when I come to put in the CBUS (or as an interim put some
X10
> modules in) all the mains wiring is in place and I can just swap
the mcbs
> for the CBUS module.
>
> That brings me onto another couple of questions.....
>
> How wide does the consumer unit need to be for the 8way CBUS unit
(I guess
> in mcbs..)?
> I have Mains halogen lights in the rooms that are dimmable using
IR light
> switches, the CBUS "dimmable" unit says it is for Low
voltage and
> incandescent lights.... Do I use that for the mains halogen?
>
> Oh and does anyone know the best place to buy low cost consumer
units?

> TIA
>
> Neil

UKHA 2004: 15th and 16th May 2004