Re: Boxes/Containers for moving - any cheap online places ?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Boxes/Containers for moving - any cheap online places ?
  • From: "mark_harrison_uk2" <mph@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:14:19 -0000

Gareth,

We went through the same 3 years ago... We either had to move into=20
temporary accomodation for a week or the chain would fall through :-(

We couldn't find anything like sensible prices on the "office move=20
crates".

We ended up at Staples, and using the "collapsable plastic
crates" at=20
about =A33 each.

http://www.staples.co.uk/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?
CatIds=3D,&webid=3D6844HAR&affixedcode=3DWW

They're not as large as the "office move ones", but we've found
they=20
have the key advantage that SWMBO (which is 5' 1") can lift one=20
easily even when full, wheras the bigger crates were a two-person job=20
to hulk about.

When expanded, they stack about 7 high (total about 6') which=20
reasonable stability.

Oh, and they come in useful around the house for things like washing=20
loads after you've moved. They don't last forever, though.

Regards,

Mark